I kept seeing so many reviews for this product and I though to myself does this really work? What does it taste like? Is it going to be any good? I wanted to try it.
So I contacted SodaStream and asked if I could do a review. They said yes. And I said Wahooo! :)
When it arrived I was so excited. I kinda might have squealed a little. Just a little. :) I tore into the package after I lugged inside. It was a lot heavier than I expected. I didn't take into account everything that was inside.
Here's what I got.
- Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker
- 1 60 liter Carbonator
- 2 Carbonating Bottles
- MyWater Flavor Essence - Variety 3 pack
- Sodamix Variety 12 pack (includes Cola, Diet Cola, Energy Drink, Diet Energy Drink, Root Beer, Lemon-Lime, Orange Mango, Diet Lemon-Lime, Diet Root Beer, Diet Cranberry-Raspberry and Diet Pink Grapefruit, Lemon Iced Tea)
So I decided to fix the Root Beer first. ♥ Root Beer. I was a little nervous about making it. Even though the company said it was easy to make. It really was easy though!
All you have to do is fill one of the carbonating bottles with cold water to the fill line. Screw it into the soda maker. Push the carbonation button on the top (it says 3 times, but the more you push the more carbonation in the soda - I usually went with 5. I like it bubbly.) Unscrew from soda maker. And add the flavoring.
Then it was time to do a taste test. Slowly, I took a small sip. Not bad.
Now a bigger drink. Hmmm, it was very tasty. I was surprised. I really didn't know what I was getting into.
I will say this. It is not going to taste exactly like your regular pops (I say pop not soda...it's a southern thing). It's not as carbonated. But it is very flavorful and it really can cut down on the amount of money you spend on your pop.
It might take you a little while to get used to but I liked it.
Now you can also do flavored water. But I really didn't care for the taste of that. You however may not mind it. It's all a matter of preference I think.
If that's not enough to make you try it...
The nutritional value is beneficial as well. It has less calories then regular pop. Regular flavors contain no high-fructose corn syrup, and diet flavors are sweetened with Splenda® brand sweetener, not aspartame.
SodaStream is also earth-friendly and convenient.
- Less packaging waste from cans and bottles.
- Less pollution caused by transport of bottled beverages.
- Save space with concentrated soda mix and reusable carbonating bottles
- No more lugging and storing heavy, bulky bottles and cans
- No more hassles with empties in the trash or recycling bin
- No batteries, no electricity, no plumbing
- Over 30 flavors at the touch of a button
*Disclaimer: I was provided this product for review from SodaStream. The opinion is my own.*
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from everyone! :)