With Christmas fast approaching it's a great time to spend with your children. There are lots of activities you can do with the kids around this time of year. Here are five of our faves.
1. We love to do crafts around the holiday season. Santa faces on paper plates and cotton balls are a big hit. :) Can't think of any? Just Google 'kids Christmas crafts' - you'll be overloaded.
2. Baking Christmas cookies and decorating cake be lots of fun...and sometimes quite messy. But what's a little mess when you're having a good time.
3. Making salt ornaments. These are easy to make and are great presents from the kids.
4. Reading. We read a lot year round but now it's fun to read all the Christmas stories...and of course retell the story of Baby Jesus.
5. Watch Christmas shows. Each year we eagerly anticipate A Charlie Brown Christmas and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. The classics. But then they add new ones and we enjoy those also. This year we want to watch Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure which premieres on Nickelodeon on 12/6 @ 8PM EST and Santa Buddies, which comes out on DVD today.
What do you like to do with your children to celebrate the holidays? Want to hear what other families do? Check out TwitterMoms discussion on holiday activities.
*This post is an entry into a TwitterMoms Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure contest*