I grew up listening to all the 80's hair bands - you know, Journey, Bon Jovi, Foreigner, and so on. To this day I prefer that type of music to what they play on the radio now. Ok, now DO NOT get me wrong - I like many of today's artists - but there is just something about listening to songs of days gone by that just spark the memories!
Recently, I was given the opportunity by One2One Network to review the Rock of Ages cd. You're probably thinking what is Rock of Ages....so I'm going to give you some background info first....
About Rock of Ages
In 1987 on the Sunset Strip, a small town girl met a big city rocker and in LA’s most famous rock club, they fell in love to the greatest songs of the 80s. It’s ROCK OF AGES, an arena-rock love story told through the mind-blowing, face-melting hits of JOURNEY, NIGHT RANGER, STYX, REO SPEEDWAGON, PAT BENATAR, TWISTED SISTER, POISON, ASIA, WHITESNAKE and many more.
Who is in it?
ROCK OF AGES stars American Idol's Constantine Maroulis (Tony Award nomination for Best Actor in Musical), Amy Spanger (The Wedding Singer ) and James Carpinello (Xanadu and Saturday Night Fever)
* ”Just Like Paradise / Nothin' But A Good Time“
* ”Sister Christian“
* ”We Built This City / Too Much Time On My Hands“
* ”I Wanna Rock“
* ”We're Not Gonna Take It“
* ”Heaven / More Than Words / To Be With You“
* ”Waiting For A Girl Like You“
* ”Wanted Dead Or Alive“
* ”I Want To Know What Love Is“
* ”Cum On Feel The Noize / We're Not Gonna Take It“ (Reprise)
* ”Harden My Heart / Shadows Of The Night“
* ”Here I Go Again“
* ”The Final Countdown“
* ”Any Way You Want It / I Wanna Rock (Reprise)“
* ”High Enough“
* ”I Hate Myself For Loving You / Heat Of The Moment“
* ”Hit Me With Your Best Shot“
* ”Can't Fight This Feeling“
* ”Every Rose Has Its Thorn“
* ”Oh Sherrie“
* ”The Search Is Over“
* ”Don't Stop Believin'“
Watch the Making of Soundtrack video: http://tr.im/rsVE
So knowing that...you're wanting to now know what the music sounds like. Well, it's not your typical sound. I mean it is a musical. So keep that in mind, but I do have to say that when playing the cd I was singing right along with it - at the top of my lungs. Just like I did so many years ago. So if you love 80s music go get it now or try to go watch the musical - I think you'll really like it.