The daughter of a preacher, living between Zimbabwe, South Africa and Australia, before her parents finally settled in Portland, Oregon, Diane Birch absorbed a unique and very cosmopolitan perspective on life and rapidly cultivated a very individual style that defies categorization. The buzz is building as Music Week announced, "Diane has a voice and songwriting ability that will connect with truly global audiences."
Her childhood is what inspired the album title, Bible Belt. Birch says, "Because my dad was a preacher, the very religious upbringing that I had had a huge impact on my life in a very restraining and constricting way." She goes on to say that "Now that I'm older I notice that all these things have crept into my work. I'm constantly talking about Heaven, angels, and forgiveness. I'm hugely inspired by church hymns - their chord structures, their colors. I feel like all of these things are a part of me. It was a form of constraint for me as a child but it has fueled my creative fire."
You can view her video "Nothing But a Miracle" on Amazon and also listen to samples of the remaining songs on the album. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by this up and coming artist.
AND if you would like to have a copy of Bible Belt - I am giving one away!!
To enter to win, just leave me a comment below. (Mandatory entry)
For additional entries:
1) Follow my blog by RSS or subscribe to email newsletter - 1 entry each (leave seperate comments)
2) Blog and/or Tweet @lesleypeck about this giveaway - 1 entry per tweet/blog (leave a comment for each)
3) Become a Fan on Facebook - 1 entry (leave comment)
4) Become a Follower via Google Friend Connect - 1 entry (leave comment)
5) Place my button on your blog sidebar - 1 entry (leave comment)
This giveaway will end at 11:59 PM EST July 31st. Winner will be chosen using Random.org.