Well, it's that time of year. You know, when we like to experiment with cool tasting treats. Thought I'd share a few that look delicious!
I got this slushie recipe off of a friend's blog. I made it yesterday for daughter and hubby and they loved it! It was super easy and took about 5 minutes to make.
* 2 cups ice water
* 1 packet fruit-flavored drink mix (use your favorite flavor)
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 4 cups or 1 full tray of ice cubes
You need a blender to prepare this recipe. We have a Magic Bullet with the blender attachment and it works great.
Put all of the ingredients into your blender. It will be about 2/3 to 3/4's full. Put the lid on. Process the mixture on high for a full minute. Stop the blender, use a spoon to stir it a bit. Look for unchopped ice chunks. If all the chunks are grated up, then go ahead and serve it. You may need to process it for another full minute though. Serve immediately. I usually have to spoon this out of the blender with a measuring cup because the mixture is so thick. Makes 4 - 8oz servings.
Stars and Stripes Cake
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:2 hr
*1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
*Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
*1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy or Whipped vanilla frosting
*1/3 cup fresh blueberries
*1 pint fresh strawberries
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and cool cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan.
2. Frost with frosting. Arrange berries on frosted cake to make flag design. Serve immediately.
*Any other flavor of Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® cake mix can replace the yellow.
*Fresh fruit not available in your area? Use red and blue candy-coated chocolate candies to make stars and stripes, or be an artist with Betty Crocker® decorating gels.
Berry Shortcake Stars
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:30 min
*4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
*1/4 cup sugar
*2 tablespoons baking powder
*2 teaspoons salt
*2/3 cup shortening
*1 1/2 cups milk
*2 packages (4-serving size each) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
*4 cups milk
*4 cups raspberries
*1 cup blueberries
1. Heat oven to 450ºF. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in 1 1/2 cups milk just until blended.
2. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Gently smooth into a ball. Knead 20 to 25 times. Roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 10 stars with floured 3-inch star-shaped cutter. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Make pudding mix as directed on package for pudding, using 4 cups milk. Split warm shortcakes. Fill and top shortcakes with pudding, raspberries and blueberries.
Sweeten your stars by sprinkling them with a bit of coarse white decorating sugar or granulated sugar before baking.
Teddy Bear Sundaes
*Ice cream - chocolate or vanilla
*M & M's or sm. candies
*Sm. round chocolate or vanilla wafers
*Chocolate sprinkles or toasted coconut
1. Make the head by putting a scoop of ice cream in a dish. Use chocolate ice cream for brown bears and vanilla for Polar bears.
2. Use candies for the eyes, nose and mouth.
3. For ears, push cookies into ice cream.
4. Sprinkle a little coconut for a polar bear or chocolate sprinkles for a brown bear on top the ice cream for hair.
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from everyone! :)