My brother-in-law wrote this and I thought I'd shared. It was in the Register-Herald January 5th.
Seven simple facts of life to remember
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or not but it will be yours for the entire time God intends on you being here.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You'll think many to be irrevelant and stupid; but one thing is for certain, they will be unavoidable.
3. "Mistakes" are merely "lessons." Growth is a process of trial and error through experience. Remember the "failed" experiences are as much a part of the growth process as those that ultimately work.
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot like or dislike something about another person unless it reflects something you either like or dislike about yourself.
7. "There" is no better than "here." When your "there" has become a "here," you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."
"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content." (I Timothy 6:6-8)
Scott A. Lester
pastor, Gatewood Brethren Church
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from everyone! :)