Here are some facts about Wiglington and Wenks from the company.
Look at what all your kids will get to experience - all in the name of playing! :)
1. The virtual world was launched in Christmas Eve 2009 and has already gotten over 110,000 registrants from 150 countries
2. It is targeted at kids between 7 to 14 but fans up to 20 are playing the virtual world
3. Wiglington and Wenks is more massive than any other virtual worlds for kids to date - covering at present 50 over scenes and increasing to almost 200 over the next few months
4. "In Wiglington and Wenks, kids are regaled with facts as they travel to different locations in the world. The game will appeal to kids who love adventure and to kids who enjoy exploration and discovery games." - 4 star rating from Common Sense Media (http://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/travels-wiglington-wenks)
5. Despite being a newly launched virtual world (December 2009), Wiglington and Wenks was nominated as one of the top 5 virtual worlds for kids by the readers of About.com, currently topping other established sites like Club Penguin. http://familyinternet.about.com/od/resources/ss/readerschoice10-voting_4.htm)
6. "Wiglington and Wenks is so much more than your standard virtual world, it has a rich story line with well developed characters, plot, mystery, and quests. Students are dropped into the story and invited to participate, learning through exploration, problem solving, and critical thinking." - Winner of the Edublog Award 2009 (http://ilearntechnology.com/?p=1802)
7. The selling points of Wiglington and Wenks is the excellent artwork, level of interactivity, strong knowledge coverage, original background storyline and the promotion of history, geography, famous people, famous landmarks, inventions, culture, general knowledge, wildlife preservation and environmental issues
8. The virtual world features famous historical characters like Beethoven, Einstein, Edison, Wright Brothers, Abraham Lincoln, Emperor Qin, Gandhi, Darwin just to name a few. The players are given the task of looking for items related to these famous historical characters so that they can recover their memories.
9. Players will be going about the world searching for items, in the process learning about the world and different items found in the world. This also trains their ability to be observant - much like iSpy games. As a reviewer on Common Sense Media said - "Kids cannot help but absorb historical, geographic, environmental, or cultural facts as they travel the world to help these misplaced historical figures."
10. Games are educational yet fun. Reviews given by kids usually say that Wiglington and Wenks teaches them a lot about history without them feeling bored.
11. More information on Wiglington and Wenks can be found at:
Still don't think it's something your child would be interested in...Check out these videos.
Cool, huh? Go check it out NOW - your child will thank you for it later.
*Disclaimer: This is a Mama Buzz review. The product was provided by: Mediafreaks for this review. The opinion is my own.*